Although I’m the 2022 British and World over 50s Bodybuilding Champ, I’m still not comfortable selling myself. I’ve never been very good at it, for a start.
I’ve always believed that if you do a great job, then people will notice, and you will be rewarded for it. I learned during my corporate career that this wasn’t always the case. As I became more senior, I realised I needed to sell myself, but I was pretty bad at it. I guess I’ve never been comfortable blowing my own trumpet. My career bumped along a ceiling in my latter years until, eventually, I decided it was time to follow my passion.
Now, having said all that, I’m now going to attempt to sell myself. Or at least list my credentials so you can see that I am well qualified to get you the results you need.
I have been passionate about health and fitness for more 30 years, and I have been a personal trainer for more than half of that time. I have a fair few health and fitness qualifications under my belt:
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Complete kettlebell instructor
- Mat-based pilates and pilates improver level instructor
- Nutrition and weight management
- Torso training and core stability
- Applied sports nutrition
- GP and exercise referral
- Olympic weightlifting
- Advanced functional trainer
- Posture correction
- Pad boxing
- Circuit training
This list of fitness qualifications allows me to operate with expertise outside my niche and bring variety to programmes and exercise sessions.
In addition to my professional fitness qualifications, I also played tennis, squash and football to a high level in my earlier years. More recently, I received coaching from one of the country’s leading Olympic lifting coaches, Giles Greenwood, who is now part of the British coaching team.
I have a number of other strings to my bow that may set me apart from others.
- I am the 2022 British and World over 50s natural bodybuilding champion. I am my own coach. That means the approach I take, based on my knowledge and research, is proven at a World level. Bodybuilding is about building muscle and stripping body fat, which is exactly what all our clients are after.
- I have a PhD in physics which makes me very analytical and meticulous in my approach. I make sure that in my spare time, I read as much as possible to keep expanding my knowledge. I read books and research on nutrition, fat loss, muscle gain, biomechanics, training, posture, movement and many other topics. I can back my approach with peer-reviewed scientific citations. My scientific background enables me to gather and extract insight from the plentiful client data available to me. These insights provide additional motivation for clients.
- I spent over 20 years in the corporate world within the finance industry, rising to executive director level. I undertook long commutes every day for many years. I understand the daily grind and the pressures of work and family. My programme designs and lifestyle recommendations reflect empathy with the busy working person.
- For most of my corporate career, I managed large teams. I was known for my empathy as a manager and for building great trust-based personal relationships. This same style enables me to build great relationships with my clients.
- I was fat and living an unhealthy lifestyle in my 20s. I turned myself around, going from fat to fit whilst progressing a demanding executive career. I know what it takes to be fit and lean whilst managing the stresses of work and family.