I’ve never been very good at selling myself.
I’ve always believed that if you do a great job then people will notice and you will be rewarded for it. I learned during my corporate career that this wasn’t always the case. As I became more senior I realised that I needed to sell myself, but I was pretty bad at it. I guess I’ve never been comfortable blowing my own trumpet. My career bumped along a ceiling in my latter years until eventually I decided it was time to follow my passion.
Now, having said all that, I’m now going to sell myself. Or at least list my credentials so you can see that I am well qualified to get you the results you need.
I have been passionate about health and fitness for more than 20 years and I have been a personal trainer for more than half of that time. I have a fair few health and fitness qualifications under my belt:
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Complete kettlebell instructor
- Mat based pilates and pilates improver level instructor
- Nutrition and weight management
- Torso training and core stability
- Applied sports nutrition
- GP and exercise referral
- Olympic weightlifting
- Advanced functional trainer
- Posture correction
- Pad boxing
- Circuit training
This list of fitness qualifications allows me to operate with expertise outside my niche and bring variety to programmes and exercise sessions.
In addition to my professional fitness qualifications, I also played tennis, squash and football to a high level in my earlier years. More recently I received coaching from one of the country’s leading Olympic lifting coaches, Giles Greenwood, who is now part of the British team set up.
I have a number of other strings to my bow that make me highly effective at what I do.
- I have a PhD in physics which makes me very scientific in my approach. I have done extensive research in the science of fat loss and muscle gain and can back my approach with peer-reviewed scientific citations. My scientific background also makes me highly analytical, enabling me to gather and extract insight from the plentiful client data available to me. These insights provide additional motivation for clients.
- I am one of the leading masters natural bodybuilders in the country (see image) with a haul of trophies to show for it. I know how to build muscle and strip body fat, which is exactly what all our clients are after.
- I spent over 20 years in the corporate world within the finance industry, rising to executive director level. I undertook long commutes every day for many years. I understand the daily grind and the pressures of work and family. My programme designs and lifestyle recommendations reflect an empathy with the busy working person.
- For most of my corporate career I managed large teams. I was known for my empathy as a manager and for building great trust based personal relationships. This same style enables me to build great relationships with my clients.
- I was fat and living an unhealthy lifestyle in my 20s. I turned myself around, going from fat to fit whilst progressing a demanding executive career. I know what it takes to be fit and lean whilst managing the stresses of work and family.