Following on from the introduction to posture, a simple shoulder blade exercise is the final instalment.
The exercise is called the cobra. It addresses, in one go, four of the most common issues associated with the shoulder blade area. It will help you engage your shoulder blades in the correct way in every day life.
The cobra will help with
- Keeping the shoulder blades down
- Keeping the shoulder blades in the correct retracted position
- Preventing the shoulder blades from winging
- Adopting more confident upright posture
- Preventing the occurrence of shoulder injuries
That’s a decent list for such a simple exercise. Here’s the demo: